Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"What kind of life you dream of? You're allergic to love!"


Book Update: I'm not very far into Water for Elephants. But I'm enjoying it so far. Premise: It's the Depression. A Polish American man (Robert Pattinson, haha) runs away from Cornell when his parents die and he joins the circus because he was going to vet school. He falls in love with the circus trainer's wife (Reese Witherspoon.) so far he has just hopped the train and some bum is going to try to get him a job...obviously I know how that's going to turn out. 

And now I'm reading Monster by Walter Dean Myers for school, and I am not very far into it either. It's a YA novel from...97 I think. And it won the Printz award so it's presumably quite good. Premise: a 16 year old black man is on trial for murder. He writes a movie in his head and in a notebook and that is the book that the reader reads...it seems cool. I have to finish it by Tuesday, and I am giving myself a deadline of next Saturday to have finished the Gruen. Then I will be on track. Three weeks into 2011, I will have read 3 books. Hopefully that goes according to plan. 

Things haven't really picked up at school yet so I've been trying to make good use of my free time, reading, watching movies, playing guitar, working out, taking pictures, listening to music, etc. key word being trying. Mostly I've been just messing around on the internet and watching episodes from Season 1 of Modern Family on my computer. It's a good life.
Here are some random rainbow-themed photos to brighten up this boring update post!

My school binder

it's so fun!
My sister got me this book for Christmas...well, she got me a gift card so I could buy it! I'm excited to read it soon.


And because I love my blog readers, here is a special treat. One of my favourite moments in cinema. Enjoy!

Books Read So Far: 1
Currently Reading: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
                                 and Monster by Walter Dean Myers.

No comments:

Post a Comment