Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wrapped Up In Books

I made a new page on my blog. You can see it in the sidebar beside this post if you're viewing this post on the home page. If you're viewing this post in an RSS feed, the page looks like THIS.

This will help me keep track of all the books I read in 2010 and it can help you, too, if you're interested in following that.

I finished Monster, that book I was reading for school, and last night I read John Green's zombie apocalypse novella, Zombicorns.

John Green is one of my favourite authors and he wrote a zombie apocalypse novella last year for NaNoWriMo 2009. He didn't finish it, but then he decided to auction it off to raise money for charity. So as part of the Project for Awesome (a day where people make youtube videos to support and promote charities) he raffled off a signed, annotated copy of the completed novella, and everyone who donated $25 to Partners in Health was eligible to win that and even if they didn't they got a digital copy in both a PDF and word doc. format. So I got my copy in my e-mail yesterday and read it last night. It wasn't the best thing ever, obviously, because it has undergone no editing or revision. But it was still pretty great.

It was also the first book I've read in 2011 that I felt like writing a review for, but then I read this review here so I didn't want to write one anymore because that one's better than what I would have written so you should probably just read that instead.

I do plan on doing some book reviews this year when I read something I really want to write about. And I have a couple posts planned for this week/next week, but I'm having a busy week so if I don't post again this week check back Friday or Saturday.

Have a great week, everybody! We've almost made it through January! (In my opinion the coldest, longest, and therefore worst month of the year.) Yay!

Books Read So Far: 3
Currently Reading: Water for Elephants still/again.

No comments:

Post a Comment