Wednesday, February 16, 2011

In My Life...

Sorry I've been neglecting this blog. My life is CRAZY right now but next week is Spring break and my plans are to stay home, work lots (I need money) and do homework. And catch up on my reading because I still haven't finished Lullabies for Little Criminals and I've been reading it for a few weeks now. Unacceptable. I could sit down and finish it in an hour easily but I just don't have the time. I don't even have the time to be posting this but I feel bad because I've been getting a lot of hits on my blog this week and I feel lame having people see the kitten-themed V-day post I did earlier this week when they come to my blog.
Sorry about that, by the way. I wanted to do this post on Valentine's Day but had no time, of course, so I just put together a quick post early in the morning in case people checked the site. And Valentine's Day is all about kittens anyways, right? I thought it was cute..

Anyways, now to get to the real point of this post. Last week one of my favourite youtubers posted this AMAZING video on her blog. And I'm going to embed it because I know some of you are super lame and too lazy or apathetic to click the link, so here it is for you.



I found this video really beautiful and inspirational. So rather than saying I'm just going to straight-up copy her, I'm going to say I drew inspiration from her idea.

Here is a list of ten things I want to do in my lifetime.

1. Graduate University.

2. Live somewhere else for a while.

3. Travel.

4. Move out.

5. Go to a major music festival in the States. (this one will happen in May! I bought my boyfriend and I weekend passes to Sasquatch as a graduation present for him! So excited! more on that later in another post...)

6. See all my friends who live far away.

7.  Teach.

8.Make more friends.

9. Write more music (and maybe actually share my music with people)

10. Write a book.

It's a sort of bucket list, but maybe if I accomplish any of these things I will update and change the list.
Please please please share yours in comments. Nobody ever comments on this blog, which is fine, but I think this is a really cool idea and even if you don't want to leave a comment maybe you can make a list for yourself anyways!

Books Read So Far: 4, I think? Whatever it was last time. It'll change next week when I don't have school, I promise myself.
Currently Reading: Nothing. My textbooks and homework assignments. Need to finish Lullabies for Little Criminals.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Graduate university
    2. Go to Sasquatch
    3. Get a job
    4. Move out
    5. Save up enough money to go on a trip
    6. Go on a trip
    7. Publish a piece of music
    8. Have a piece of music I publish be performed
    9. Play lots of concerts
    10. Become rich and famous (haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 Things to do in the next 5 years:
    1)Live somewhere else for a while.
    2)Get engaged, then married somewhere beautiful.
    3)Travel to at least three new places.
    4)Learn how to drive a standard.
    5)Record a song (or more than one), with accompaniment, onto CD.

    ReplyDelete