Thursday, May 23, 2013

Book Recommendations

I worked at a book store in high school and one of my favorite parts of my job was recommending books to people. It's fun and I miss it so I made this.

Let me know what you think because I might want to do more of these. Or if you have a book you love and are looking for something similar, maybe I can recommend something. Have a great weekend!


Edit: Some people have requested a list of the titles since some of them are hard to read or the covers aren't recognizable.
So you like The Hunger Games...
dystopian novel: Divergent series by Veronica Roth
strong female character: The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
surviving outdoors: Alive by Piers Paul Read

Harry Potter...
kids with magic powers: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children series by Ransom Riggs
friendship: Paper Towns by John Green
long series about an orphan: A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

The Fault in Our Stars...
romance: The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
cancer/love story: Never Leave Your Wingman by Deana Driver
travel: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

The Great Gatsby...
love that can never be: Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
New York in the past: The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
characters are jerks: Franny and Zooey by J. D. Salinger

Check out part 2 for more recommendations!
and part 3!!!

13 comments:

  1. Hey! Can you tell me which series about an orphan I should read if I liked Harry Potter? 'Cause I can't really see a name in that image.
    And, btw, than you for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. It's actually about 3 orphans. There are 11 books, but it's a childrens' series so you can get through them quickly. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the recommendations. I'll have to agree with the previous poster if there is any way you can add the actual book title, it would be greatly appreciated. Not all countries have the same book covers so having the title listed would be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added them in! Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  3. what is the book called under the fault in our stars that says "travel" called?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

      Delete
  4. This is great! My teenage daughter sent me the link to your book recommendations. She and I both enjoy the same type of books and she's planning on adding some of these to her summer reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great, just found it on Pinterest ! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I share this infographic with my middle school students? Credited to you, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course, Wendy! Check out the other two I've made by clicking the links at the bottom of the post. They also include some great YA novels.

      Delete
  7. What is the one under harry potter under kids with magic, I couldn't read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote all the titles and authors out in the post under the image. The book you're asking about is Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.

      Delete