Thursday, May 30, 2013

Things I'm Into Lately

I wanted to blog this week but I couldn't decide on a topic so I decided to lump together a bunch of stuff I've been into lately or haven't liked or just have interacted with and formed opinions on. I split it into categories.

Food:
Lately I have been really into salads. This quinoa salad is a favourite at our house.















and so is this new chickpea edamame salad (I found the recipe on Pinterest)
They are easy to make, filling, have lots of protein so they are energizing but they feel light and fresh so they're perfect now that it's getting warmer!

TV:
I spent all week watching Season 4 of Arrested Development on Netflix (we didn't binge-watch on Sunday, but watched a few episodes each night after supper and finished last night.) I really liked it. It took me a few episodes to get into it but I thought it was very smart and well-done, and I want to rewatch to pick up on all the little things I missed the first time (but I am not quite ready for a rewatch yet.)
I loved the season finale of How I Met Your Mother. I thought the big reveal was perfect and the fact that Simple Song by The Shins was playing just added to my pure joy.

Movies:
I saw the new Star Trek. I liked it but I probably won't watch it again.
I saw the new Iron Man and I really, really liked it. It was awesome.
I watched Ruby Sparks a couple weeks ago because it came on Netflix. I liked that one a lot. Paul Dano is great.
I watched the new Woody Allen one (actually, maybe he has a newer one since..) To Rome With Love. Didn't like that one as much. I don't really like Jesse Eisenberg and I can usually take or leave Ellen Page and they were the main characters so that kind of ruined it for me.
I recently re-watched The Descendents because Stephen hadn't seen it yet and I wanted him to because Shailene Woodley is starring in a few upcoming book adaptation films that I am excited for, and I really really like that movie and she is fantastic.
I recently bought the BBC Anne of Green Gables movies in a boxset at Costco which was very exciting for me because I freaking loved them as a child and love them still, but I haven't had a chance to watch them yet.

Music:
I listened to the new She & Him and didn't care for it. I didn't really like Volume Two, either, but I loved Volume One when it first came out. I'm not sure what it is now...maybe I am upset that they haven't matured and it's two albums later but it's kind of backwards to say "I don't like this album because it's the same as this other album I like from years ago.." so I'm not sure.
I still haven't seen The Great Gatsby but I listened to the soundtrack and like it for the most part.
I just discovered that the main guy from Edward Sharpe, Alexander Ebert, has a self-titled album out under the moniker "Alexander" and so I've been listening to that and I really like it.

Books:
I am currently reading Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides which is wonderful but I've been reading it forever because I am so slow and it is long and I've been doing other things with my time.
Some new books that have come out recently that I really want to read are Raven Girl by Audrey Niffenegger and The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini but I probably won't buy them for a while because I still have a lot of books on my shelf to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment