Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Inside Out Book Tag


I saw this book tag on youtube and thought it was a fun idea. It's based off the new Disney Pixar movie Inside Out, which I loved. The movie is about 5 characters who represent basic emotions that live inside a little girl's head. It was a really cute and clever movie. For the book tag you are supposed to choose one book for each emotion.

1. JOY - Which book brings you the most joy?
Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery.
It was my favorite book as a kid, probably my first favorite book, and I still love the story. It makes me really happy and Anne Shirley is such a joyful, happy character.

2. DISGUST - Which book grossed you out the most?
A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin.
This whole series has some really graphic and disturbing scenes but this book in particular has some of the worst ones that have stayed with me a long time. "The Red Wedding" is in this book, but there's another scene at the end that I find really disgusting.

3. FEAR - Which book scared you more than anything?
Dance Dance Dance by Haruki Murakami.
There is a character in this novel called The Sheep Man that is just utterly terrifying and the scenes with that character are so creepy and haunting.

4. SADNESS - Which book made you cry the hardest?
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson.
I'm not sure if this is the book that made me cry the hardest, but I did find it very sad. It's sad in a beautiful and cathartic way and also makes you sad because the characters make some bad choices, and I found rather than getting frustrated I was just sad about the lost time. It's a great book, but it did make me cry.

5. ANGER - Which book pissed you off?
Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares.
This book was so infuriating. It is the final book in the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants series and is set years after when the main characters are all adults, but for the first three quarters of the book the author basically kills anything the reader liked about the characters and eliminates any redeemable qualities they had for apparently no reason. By the end of the book it turns out there is a reason for it all but it was a really frustrating reading experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment